Wednesday 6 November 2013

Water Fountains

So this is a bit of an odd post but is something that tickled me I just had to share.
Water fountains. Ever thought much of them?
They are great; I mean they provide water for the cluster of us who forget to bring a water bottle or any other means of liquid to a place where we will need water most.
Water fountains are not everywhere. No. They are in specific locations that we will need the hydrating water the most. Think about it. Airports. Schools. Parks. Where else? Not everywhere. Not in every store. No, selected locations for the faint hearted who always, I mean occasionally, forget to bring their own.
Anyway the other thing that I find funny about Water Fountains is how people drink from them. Umm lol. It’s hilarious.
When I was at the airport I felt thirsty, so I went to the trusty-dusty water fountain. I had to do this weird leaning squat to reach the lowered sink and then had to constantly hold a button to receive the trickle of water that came out. 
But wait it gets interesting. I found myself pouting, or having duck lips with my mouth half open in this embarrassed thirsty stance. I felt so awkward. And when I feel awkward I then make myself look even more awkwarder? I just went from bad to worse. My experience was one so normal to people but as I squatted with my mouth half open pouting at the faucet. Yeah I wasn’t comfortable. I thought you know what? I could drink later. Not to mention the many people who walked by me as this whole thing went down. But as I finished, I stood up and walked away chuckling to myself, thinking ‘just laugh it off, I’m not alone in this. I’m sure’.


So yeah, I don’t think I will be using them for a while. Lesson learned. Bring your own bottle with your own water in it. Or at least use a water fountain to fill up a bottle that at least makes more sense.

Em :)


No comments:

Post a Comment